|King & I Thai Restaurant|
1020 W. San Marcos Blvd.
This romantic little Thai restaurant is truly one of the charmers at Old California Restaurant Row. It is gorgeous inside, like a royal Thai cottage, with slanted wood ceiling, pretty drapes, wall lamps that radiate an amber glow, lanterns, nice artwork and several small, connected dining nooks and crannies. When Old California Restaurant Row first opened in the early '80s, Thai food was virtually non-existent in San Diego county. But over the last two decades, it has surged high atop the Asian cuisine favorites. The King and I excels in this aromatic style of cooking, using fresh, quality ingredients. Catering available.
- Goon Kra Bork - Deep-fried shrimp mixed with Thai spices, wrapped in egg roll skins, deep-fried and served with a sweet & sour sauce.
- Sa-Tay - Charcoal-broiled and skewered beef or chicken that's been marinated in coconut milk, curry powder and spices, served with peanut sauce and cucumber salad. Also good for starters is the Tom Yum soup.
- Pad Him Ma Parn - Choose your meat (chicken, pork, beef, duck, shrimp or tofu) and they will stir-fry it with cashew nuts, carrots, zucchini, onions and black bean sauce.
- Kaeng Daeng - Red curry made with your choice of meat with vegetables and sweet basil simmered in a medium spicy mix of coconut milk and red curry.
- Spicy Noodles (also referred to as Drunken Noodles) - Choice of meat tossed with flat noodles, onions, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage and basil leaves.
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Honey Banana
Mon-Fri 11:30-3pm, 5pm-9:30pm
Fri closed at 10pm